Immediately after law school, Mr. Bernard passed the bar exam in Arizona and Iowa while working at Hopkins & Huebner P.C. as an immigration and employment lawyer in Des Moines, Iowa. Aaron also worked at Whitfield & Eddy, P.L.C. and The Davis Brown Law Firm, P.C. and as General Counsel at Alewelt Inc. prior to starting his own law firm, The Bernard Firm P.L.C., in 2008.
Throughout his career, Aaron’s practice has had an emphasis in employment and immigration law, including I-9 audits, family immigration, removal defense and post-conviction relief. Over time however, Aaron’s practice has evolved to focus on business immigration with an emphasis on providing H-2A (Agricultural) and H-2B (Non-agricultural) Temporary Labor and TN (NAFTA Professionals) while still practicing a great deal in the areas of consular processing all types of visas, administrative appeals, employment immigration compliance and wage and hour laws.
- Member of National Pork Producers Labor Security Council
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (member since 2004)
- Iowa State Bar Association (Sections: Labor and Employment Law, Agricultural Law and Criminal Law)
- Story County Bar Association
- Speaker at numerous events and seminars on immigration law and corporate compliance