US Citizenship Application Form N-400 is used for obtaining U.S. citizenship (naturalization).
Lawful Permanent Residents (green card holders) over the age of 18 who meet the eligibility requirements can apply for US citizenship.
Lawful Permanent residents (“green card” holder) with valid green card for a period of the past 5 years can file for US citizenship. If married to US citizen you may apply for US citizenship after 3 years with valid green card. There are exceptions, if an applicant has served in the United States armed forces during war, that individual may be obtain citizenship without first becoming a permanent resident if they were in the United States upon enlistment into the U.S. military. A completed Form N400 (US Citizenship Application) is the required form to be filed along with photos and supporting documents. Becoming a US Citizen has many advantage file today for US Citizenship!
Advantages of U.S. Citizenship
- Right to vote: The ability to elect the leaders of this nation is an exclusive right for U.S. citizens. Becoming one of them gives you the right to vote in Federal elections. Get a voice!
- Reunite your family in the United States: To promote family unity, U.S. citizens and legal residents are allowed to petition for certain qualified relatives to come and live permanently in the United States. But only U.S. citizens usually get priority when petitioning for their love ones. Bring your family to the US!
- Obtain citizenship for children born abroad: If you are a U.S. citizen and your child born outside of the country, he or she could become a U.S. citizen automatically.
- Ability to travel into and outside of the U.S. freely: Enjoy all the benefits to travel overseas with a U.S. passport! Get assistance from the U.S. government and feel safer and protected during your trips! At the same time, as a U.S. citizen you are not restricted on the amount of time you can spend outside of the country. – Permanent Residents may lose their status if they leave the country for a certain period of time.
- Collect benefits: Take advantage of the U.S. benefits such as social security and Medicare.
- Become a Federal employee: To be eligible for the most of Federal jobs you need to be a U.S. Citizen. You could apply and enjoy the benefits of being a Federal worker!
- Become an elected official: Most elected officers in this country require U.S. citizenship. Get the right to participate!